Would you mind taking this quick survey about your experiences in school and how you feel it has affected you? Academia Revolution is collecting stories to help explain to people how school can be a toxic environment.
Self-Directed Education Sites ListThe search engine for this list is here.
Sites are listed alphabetically. In the case of blogs, active blogs are on top, and blogs that haven't been updated a while are listed below them, but still in alphabetical order.
- I'm Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write. - a blog by Idzie Desmarais, a grown Canadian unschooler who dropped out of school in kindergarten.
- Brighter Than a Buoy - 2014 - a blog by grown unschooler and songwriter Carsie Blanton.
- College Rebellion - 2015 - a website and blog by Jessica, a grown unschooler, who writes about uncolleging, travel, goal setting, finding employment, and similar interesting things.
- Eli Gerzon's Worldschooler Blog - last update 2015 - Eli is a grown unschooler from Boston who blogs about unschooling,
- worldschooling, and travel, as well as leading Worldschool Travel Tours.
- Follow That Dream - 2014 - a blog by Elisha, a grown unschooler who blogs about a variety of subjects, including unschooling.
- Stories of an Unschooling Family - a blog by Sue Elvis, an Australian blogger, author, podcaster and Youtuber.
- Unschooling Mom2Mom - a site by Sue Patterson, designed to be a safe place online for people to ask their unschooling questions and get good solid answers.
- Unschooling Ruminations - last updated 2013 - a blog by Cassie, about their unschooling adventures.
This includes unschooling, SDE, and closely related sites.
- Alliance for Self-Directed Education - The Alliance for Self-Directed Education (ASDE) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to normalizing and legitimizing Self-Directed Education, to make it available to everyone who seeks it. Mainly focuses on the USA.
- Alternatives To School - a site with information about various alternatives to forced schooling, including self-directed learning. Mainly focuses on the USA.
- Education Revolution: Alternative Education Resource Organization (AERO) - a large hub of communications and support for a huge variety of educational alternatives around the world.
- Freedom To Learn - a blog by Peter Gray, Ph.D. about the roles of play and curiosity as foundations for learning.
- Peer Unschooling Network - a site by Jim Flannery. The Peer Unschooling Network aims to make unschooling more accessible, connect unschooled teens, and create a community where unschooling is understood and accepted.