RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Poll: Should School Survival have s Peoples Moderator?
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE PEOPLES MODERATOR
PIMP. Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
THE PEOPLES MODERATOR

The Peoples Moderator

I have a question for all the members of school survival, all the would be members of school survival, and the parents of members who spy on their kids posts. What does it mean to be accepted? What does it mean to belong? One of the things I like about this website is the people it attracts. Each and every one of us has our own stories. We are all different but I think when looked at with a deeper perception we can see that there is something that we have in common. Most of us for some reason or another have not been able to quite fit in with the world around us. We do not feel that acceptance and belonging with the society we live in and in school survival we find it.

I am an outcast. To my family and friends I am “that” guy. Weird, misunderstood, unstable, and some have gone so far as too describe me as a nerd. An outsider left wondering what it feels like to be accepted and always wondering what it means to belong. School Survival made me realize that there were others. I was not the only one. In fact there are many, dare I say an army of outsiders and outcasts who have a place to assemble and discuss freely whatever is on their mind. For this I will always be amazed and thankful but my fear is: Will it always be this way?

I find it amazing that we who have been picked on, belittled, and made to feel disengaged from others would come here and do the same to our own kind. It pains me the most to admit that at times I have taken part in this and to those people I apologize. It is my belief that school survival should be a place where all can come and feel accepted and all can belong. Unfortunately there are some members of this forum who disagree with me. They may say all kinds of things to the contrary but don’t be fooled by their song of equality and don’t be seduced by their tune of fairness. Sure they may talk of freedom but they are frauds. They want school survival for themselves. They want to decide what you get to post, where you get to post and when you get post it. They want the forums to be the way they want so they are happy and never will they ever stop to consider what you want. They want to make you out to be a fool while they parade around the town square showing of their manufactured intelligence. They also want to make sure no one else gets into their sphere of influence and will do so by any means necessary. People of school survival we need a hero. We need someone who can bring fairness and equality back to the forums. As you can see I have thought about this for at least half an hour and I truly believe that the person who can do this job the best is Darthmat. Heroes are often the most unlikely of characters.

Darthmat came to the forums as a wide eyed noob. He like all of was on a quest for acceptance and searching for a place to belong and what did we do? We made fun of him. We put him down. We called him names and made him feel small and insignificant. We deleted his posts edited his words and flamed him every chance we could get. We became the same as our enemies. For shame. As this went on I noticed something strange. Did Darthmat quiver? No. Was Darthmat disheartened? No. Even as the evil members of school survival tried so hard to discourage him Darthmat seem unaffected. He was more concerned in how he could be better poster and how he could make this a better forum. For this Darthmat I salute you.

Darthmat would make an excellent moderator. I believe this is why other moderators have spoken so harshly against it. Darthmat unlike them is down to earth, kind and fair. Darthmat wants to be friends with all who he comes in contact with. He is open minded and on the surface may seem immature but Darthmat possesses an intelligence far beyond his years. Darthmat is the type of person who will help noobs feel at home and get adjusted to the forums and not the other way around like some of our more senior moderators. Most importantly Darthmat will always make sure that everyone gets a fair say on the forums without any censorship. Darthmat would make sure everyone feels accepted here. Darthmat would be a people’s moderator.

This poll is not what decides if Darthmat becomes a moderator. That decision is for others to make. This poll is all about you deciding what you want for school survival. Don’t let worthless pettiness get in the way of your decision. When making your decision ask yourself, has not Darthmat replied to at least one of your posts with some type of smiley face? Does not Darthmat read every single post and give each and every poster the same respect he would give himself? Darthmat is the little guy who just wants to be accepted, who just wants to belong. After all isn’t that what we all want? So look inside your hearts and vote to make Darthmat a moderator. Do it for every time you were teased for every time you got pushed around for every time you got stepped on. Put the little guy on top and vote Darthmat vote for a peoples moderator.
10-11-2007 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

i have to say that darthmat does seem like a good guy. i don't think i've ever seen put anyone else down. as long as he keeps on doing what he's doing, i see any reason why he couldn't be a good moderator.
10-11-2007 03:45 PM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Listen, let it be known that darthmat is a cool guy and I wouldn't really care one way or the other if he became a mod, but dude, you're overexaggerating so much, that I'm questioning how much bullshit you're made of. You make it seem like darthmat's always pushed around and yelled at, which he isn't, I can think of several members that are 'flammed' more then him. Also, you make the 'senior members' sound like post-deleting crazy assholes, that are only here to put 'noobs' down. And you say that they tell you where to post and what not to post, and will move your posts around, this is fair and should be done. People go off topic and nobody wants to be reading responses about a topic about somebody considering commiting suicide and suddenly see a post about a tv show! That's why we try to keep certain areas on topic, and if off topic posts have to be moved, then I don't see the problem, they're not censoring you, they're just taking pointless, retarted posts and moving them somewhere else. And I have to ask, do you want to fuck darthmat or something, because Jesus Christ, it sounds like you kiss the ground he walks on, like if he would call himself God, you would bow down and worship him, if you aren't already doing that. If anything, reading that thing, made me want to vote 'no' more. Like I've said, if darthmat becomes a mod, great for him, if he doesn't, its not the end of the world, we have plenty of fair mods and admins now that do a great job and we don't need some 'mod of the people' to save us from the evil mods and admins that live to delete everything. And sorry in advance for how assholeish this post sounds.
10-11-2007 04:11 PM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

I personally find it incredible how there's actually a complaint against SS, we're still the most liberal site on the net. Some posts were recently removed, which I don't agree with. Be assured that the staff of SS is still for freedom of speech.

As for darthmat, no, I don't agree. I'm not saying he's evil but I don't think it would work.
10-12-2007 01:58 AM
thoughtmaker Offline
Pariah

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:I personally find it incredible how there's actually a complaint against SS, we're still the most liberal site on the net. Some posts were recently removed, which I don't agree with. Be assured that the staff of SS is still for freedom of speech.

As for darthmat, no, I don't agree. I'm not saying he's evil but I don't think it would work.

yeah, i don't really think there is a problem we need to fix. when there is, we think about electing other people to run the forums.
10-12-2007 04:02 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

I think darthmat would be a good mod.

And I think this post is true. Yes, a bit exaggerated, the problem isn't nearly as big as this post makes it sound... but it's still there. And it's good that someone is refusing to let us forget it.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-12-2007 05:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

*sigh*
10-12-2007 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Why is darthmat's the people's moderator when we have heart of shadows...or FoN...or Dark Avenger Sama.....

are these moderators not of the people?

..are wolf and youvebeenthunderstruck not looking out for the little man of SS?

....I dont get why your so determined somedude....but whatever....I voted no...hate me if you'd like to.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
10-12-2007 08:20 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

ok you officaly suck
10-12-2007 08:21 AM
Evasion Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I think we have enough mods. I don't think mod status should be rewarded to a member simply on the fact that people like them, or they put up with crap. It should be given to those who can think rationally, sort out situations unbiased, someone who has been here a while and can be trusted with the position of a mod.

I like many people here, I see no reason for them to become mods though (not that I don't think they will do a good job, I just don't find it necessary).

“When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.”
10-12-2007 09:05 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

[Image: aVQoVoS.jpg]

lol

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
10-12-2007 09:15 AM
Suicidal-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:ok you officaly suck
Then I must suck too, because I voted no. Its not that I don't like the guy, I just don't see the point of him being a mod, we have plenty already.
10-12-2007 09:48 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

Thank you for making a whole big speech about me....

BTW, the only reason i REALLLYYl want to be a mod is so i can have access to the MODS/ADMINS forum...

but i would also split if necessary, and that coulld really be used in The Frag Arena.... i know most mods don't car about it..

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-12-2007 10:37 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Quote:BTW, the only reason i REALLLYYl want to be a mod is so i can have access to the MODS/ADMINS forum...
*headdesk*

K
S
10-12-2007 11:15 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

???

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
10-12-2007 11:31 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

When I saw the thing that said PEOPLE'S MODERATOR it just gave me a great idea.

I think all of our Admins and Mods, excluding the all cool and awesome owner of this site, should be elected.

I voted yes on this poll BTW. I would vote darthmat for mayor of a small city(much more responsibility might make for a messed up world...).

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
10-12-2007 12:03 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Hey, i wouldn't do anything to F up this site.

10-12-2007 12:07 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

I know, but I wouldn't trust you with the running of much more that a small city.

I'm going to be President after all, I don't need some guy with his innocence and noobish sensibilities being competition! Razz

10-12-2007 12:11 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Wtf

10-12-2007 12:13 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Another smiley reply! It's so nice to know you care!
Look at darthmat in action! He'll make a great mod!

Seriously, I think you would anyhow.

10-12-2007 12:18 PM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

thx Smile

and sometimes, a smiley is a fast way to say what i would say in a longer post.

10-12-2007 12:21 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Common Sense and efficiency, our candidate's got that, does your's?

Vote for Darthmat!

10-12-2007 12:28 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

The only reason SS ended up with so many mods is because we were being overrun by spambots. We don't get that many of them anymore, so we don't need more mods.

Being a moderator was never supposed to be some elite status thing. It just gives you the ability to delete spam and move shit around. That's it. It doesn't make you more "important" than other people.

Quote:BTW, the only reason i REALLLYYl want to be a mod is so i can have access to the MODS/ADMINS forum...

You're not really missing much. Just more of the same bitching and Doc's obsession with Dark Orchid. Razz

Quote:I think all of our Admins and Mods, excluding the all cool and awesome owner of this site, should be elected.

I think most of them are... I do remember having polls for that sort of thing, or at the very least asking other people before making people mods. I'm too lazy to go check though Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
10-13-2007 06:11 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

*sigh* whatever i no longer care
10-13-2007 08:02 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

SoulRiser Wrote:
Quote:I think all of our Admins and Mods, excluding the all cool and awesome owner of this site, should be elected.

I think most of them are... I do remember having polls for that sort of thing, or at the very least asking other people before making people mods. I'm too lazy to go check though Razz
I would be too, I feel your laziness!

10-13-2007 08:30 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Ehh, he'd be a great mod, but when we truly need his good intentions for something, we'll do sometihng about it. but for now, he's fine where he is.

I must admit i poked and prodded at him a few times, but i dont think I did anything outside an inside or harmless "omg thats funny" joke.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
10-13-2007 10:50 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

WAHW....just wahw...ok no offense guys, but ya, the first post, the whole darthmatt IS GOD thing (lol pun) well i really think ur exaderating, and no one really teases him more than he teases others...belive me..he is a great guy tho, but u never know wat wud happen if he gained that much power, and if he became moderator, he wud become even more obsessed with this site, and that wud get even more annoying, but like i said, im not voting no, but im not voting yes...and i dont know why we need another moderator...ok tho, u think he was bulyed? and did u acually say "INNOCENT" ????!?!!!!! omg...wat is this world coming to? matt wud be good for the job, but idk...i dont even think we need one...maybe if he were nicer to me id vote yes....lol jk matt, gl, please dont become more obsesed!!! please!?!?! Sad Sad Sad Biggrin

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
10-15-2007 02:27 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

...i couldn't possibly be more obsesed than i am right now....

10-15-2007 02:53 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

i doubt that, dont test it tho...

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
10-15-2007 03:45 AM
WildFire Offline
Fanatic

haha, probably.

[Image: ninjawarrior.jpg]
10-15-2007 06:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Police Brutality and Peoples Reaction, woah psychopath 14 2,595 11-08-2009 04:08 PM
Last Post: ~Mystery~
  Moderator do's and don'ts (and abuses of power) SoulRiser 30 4,664 12-29-2008 08:54 PM
Last Post: Bob Dole
  GUESS WAT PEOPLES John Tuttle 16 3,822 10-12-2008 11:23 AM
Last Post: Milk2Go
  Should xoxoSARAHxoxo be a moderator? SoulRiser 15 3,095 09-23-2008 01:48 AM
Last Post: random_name
  Should Freak be a moderator (again)? SoulRiser 42 4,908 08-24-2008 10:48 AM
Last Post: John Tuttle
  Moderator List PIMP. 20 2,945 10-27-2007 10:43 AM
Last Post: WildFire
  MAKE DARTHMAT A MODERATOR SoulRiser 28 4,318 10-12-2007 04:01 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  Hey peoples! Hamish 13 2,195 08-30-2007 01:47 AM