Spread the word about School SurvivalThis site's purpose is to raise awareness of the fact that schools are brainwashing, cookie-cutter hell-holes. There are a few things you can do to help.
Link to usYou can find a lot of banners you can use on this page. Or just use plain regular normal links on your blog/site/Myspace/whatever.
Social BookmarkingUse the "Add This" button on the right sidebar to send any page of this site to the social bookmarking sites that you use (digg.com, del.icio.us, StumbleUpon etc).
If you often visit forums, search them for any posts people have made about school. Every now and then, someone gets really frustrated about school and posts about it on whichever forum they happen to be on. This is a good time to reply to them, assure them there's nothing wrong with hating school, let them know about some alternatives, and maybe paste a few quotes or links to articles.
A few good quotes you could use:"There is nothing on earth intended for innocent people so horrible as a school" - George Bernard Shaw (Nobel Prize winner)
"The classroom's the last room to get the truth" - Rage Against The Machine
"I hated school so intensely. It interfered with my freedom" - Sigrid Undset (Nobel Prize winner)
"I think we've tied acquiring knowledge too much to school" - Arno Penzias (Nobel Prize winner)
"All people found guilty of being born are sentenced to 12 years of hard labour without bail" - SoulRiser
Suggested articles to link to:(You don't have to use these, you can use anything, these are just the ones I think would be most effective)
Who wouldn't be ‘school phobic’?
You're not worthless
How public education cripples our kids, and why
BannersPut any of the banners from this page on your site. Your site can be about anything. In fact, it's good if people looking for all sorts of other things like games or music find a School Survival banner there. A text link will do fine too :D
- If you post on forums a lot, put a link to www.school-survival.net in your signature.
- If you find an interesting news article on another site, post it in School Survival's news section.
- If you find a great site also about school, add it to the Anti-School Directory. Mostly I email the owners of sites and tell them that their site is in the ASD, and ask them to link back.
- Print or write www.school-survival.net on a lot of small pieces of paper, and shove them inside random library books (hey, it's a free bookmark).
- Order something from the store and wear it a lot (this isn't about the money, just about spreading the word - you could also download the logo's and designs from this page and print them yourself.).
WallpaperSet any of these wallpapers as your background, or send them to people that you think will like them.
Spread the Guide aroundDownload the School Survival Guide and send it to everyone you know, post it on text sites, forums, print it (or parts of it) and hand it out at school, etc. The latest version of the Guide is:
school_survival_guide_v1-3.zip - Version 1.3